Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 32 : It'a a Beautiful Day for PCP

Sun is Shining, Spring has sprung in HK...we are blessed with stunning weather today and it really makes a difference - I see people are smiling and generally happier. I know I am !

We had a ROCKING PCP work out this morning. But damn it's getting tough...Lunges + floorjumps just don't gel well together ... I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time by the time I reached my 2nd set of floor jumps. I think the trick is just to do them as fast as possible and not take any breaks inbetween. So I challenged Ricky to do just that for our 3rd set and we did it - it was fast BUT with lots of pain. My legs are super fragile today, oh and arms, back, abs too...
I do however feel like i'm getting stronger and stronger by the day and it shows even when I do the Da-Vinci's i'm actually not struggling as much as I used to = which is a great sign!!!

I discovered a love for skipping again ! My weighted rope has been giving me issues lately, conistently whipping me and not getting any faster/ smoother so I decided to give my old Nike speed rope a 2nd chance this morning. This is the same rope I loathed from day 2 after a series of trips and falls with it. Much to my surprise it works a million times better now and is giving me the speed i've been working on - SCORE.

I will never let u go again !!!
I haven't had a chance to do 8min abs yet but I am pretty sure there'll be lots of it this weekend...bring it on I say !!! (Maybe I will regret saying this after the weekend?)

Got the Friday feeling and sooooo excited for the weekend. I think the work out this morning really pumped me up for the day and i'm looking forward to doing them again tomorrow. Wooooooo!

Adios and TGIF to all .... xxx

Ps. just peeled a boiled egg and it came out looking really lob-sidded and wonky. I think I must officially be the worst egg-peeler in the world...any tricks/ tips to make peeling eggs easier?

4 comments:

  1. Use old eggs and run cold water on them after boiling, that helps but sometimes you just get a tricky one.

    The reason the Nike rope defeated you early on is that it's so damn curly that it will completely malfunction if you skip slowly. Now that you're all buffed up with the weighted rope you're able to get some velocity on the Nike, which straightens out the curls and gives the rope some nice snap.

    Good progress, shoulders are looking better these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to both of you for bringing this up!! I just bought the Nike rope last night... It is now hanging on my door weighted with to high heel shoes LOL Hoping that it will straighten out. I have a nasty bruise because of it. It scared me out of skipping too fast!! I will try again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post a pic of the rope weighted with heels! I"d so love to see that!

    When I did Patrick's work out I was much faster than usual. And had some laughs as well, which sounds what you are having with Ricky. Awesome and congratulations on your rocking WO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point. I have a weighted one and it works really well. I am now flying through them. I figure I skip at double the pace now. I still don't enjoy it, but its for a lesser time.

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete