Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5 : Wine, what's that?

1st PCP weekend - woke up this morning feeling fresh, well-rested and revitalised after a chillaxing (+boozeless !!!) Friday night. Had a good laugh watching 'The kids are Alright' and the term 'wine' didn't even cross my mind which tells me that I am well and truly set in PCP mode.

Did my usual Saturday 10.30am 90min Baptiste Vinyasa hot yoga class and boy was it challenging. Not sure if it had anything to do with the 4 consecutive days of PCP exercise routines but it seems more vigorous than usual - I walked out thinking how on earth am I going to do my PCP workout later???
The pre-PCP Shirley would definately skip any kind of exercise and spend the rest of the weekend indulging in chocolates and custard puddings. But came afternoon and I was actually excited to go and do the workout (much to Ricky's surprise)!!! So not like me but something inside me is saying that quitting is not an option so i'm hoping this 'drive' will help me thru the next 85 days.

Lunges and push-up's were a killer today. Also attempted a pull up and failed miserably...My weakness is my lack of strength in my upper arms and chest so i've always struggled with planks and push-up's. From what I see in the previous group's blogs about the '60 sec plank' routine makes me feel that I better step up my game and start getting these arms stronger...! Goodbye to Bye Bye arms !

Happy weekend to all and enjoy the skipping tomorrow as well as last day of half indulgences ;-)
I know I will be treasuring every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment