Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 19 - 21 : Life is more colorful with PCP!

Ok so a little behind on the blogging front, but weekend came and went like a tornado.
Why is it Monday already???

So weekend was super despite the miserable and rainy weather here in HK. Had a quiet and well-behaved PCP home dinner on Fri night as I knew I had a big day on Sat. And it sure was. It started off with a powerful and emotional 1.5hr charity yoga class for Japan (woke up too late to do PCP before the class)...lots of medidation, live instrumental music, singing and 8 teachers teaching little segments in their own style - was an amazing experience to channel all our positive energies to Japan and definitely touched my heart to say the least. Had a brunch with the girls afterwards (rocket salad w/ grilled chicken and wholemeal toast) which I must say was very PCP - colors are always so much more vibrant when you eat healthy !!!
But ... I was still really tempted by the selection of choco cakes and freshly baked tiramisu on
display...weep... I wish these cravings would go away already!!!

 
Rocket salad w/ grilled chicken and fresh orange juice as my snack! Don't you love the colors??
 Sat afternoon came and I was chilling nicely at home all wrapped up reading girly mags whilst dreading the inevitable = heading out again for PCP work out...It was already 5pm and raining ! So there I was thinking of 1001 good excuses not to go such as the rain factor, achy muscles, throbbing headache... but I knew my guilt for not going would kill me later anyway so I bit my lip and ran to the park in the rain. Found a huge marquee and settled there, which was a little bit of a squeeze since there were already 3 groups of girls
picnicing there as well as a few guys practising tai-chi. Well, the more the merrier right? Was so humid that I
was dripping in sweat after 5min of skipping- Charming ! On the upside the marquee was right next to the grass area and the view was really scenic- reminded me of my garden back in South Africa- so green and spacious! When i'd finished the work out it was already getting dark but I felt a good sense of achievement and happy that I stayed commited!

My skipping view @ Vic Park
The excellent PCP day ended off with a light vegetarian meal @ a quirky little Vegetarian place called Veggie SF in Central, the whole place is decked out with antique furniture with mis-matched chairs...The food is healthy and super tasty - very innovative use of ingredients (i guess since there's no meat involved they gotta get creative) and very PCP! I recommend this place to all PCPers in HK if you want to try vegetarian with a twist!
http://www.veggiesf.com/
My veggie and wild rice meal came like this (note the vibrant colors again):

Quinoa in baked pepper, grilled carrots, wild rice with shitake mushrooms - YUM!

Sunday was a blur, woke up late, hung out at home watching TV and only dragged myself down to the park
around 5pm again ! Not liking the afternoon work outs as much as the morning slots but somehow I feel like I work harder in the afternoon??? After Sat + Sun's late arvo sessions my arms were throbbing and biceps were slighly swollen ! Legs were shaky after the lunges as well...Ahhh the joys of shocking your body! No gain no pain right?

Re Patrick's email about changes in the body, I haven't had any break outs or anything but have noticed improved flexibility esp. after my Sat yoga class (i'm able to stretch further), brighter skin (+ no more eye bags!), firmer belly (2 pack is more evident!), bigger tricep muscles (well they exist now whereas I didn't think they did), very consistent bowel movements and less (almost none) lady pains - I love it !

We timed ourselves on the jump ropes this morning, I managed to do 1020 (still had some juice to push those extra 20) in 17 mins. Not really that good but getting there. I did my record 180 jumps in a row today - whoop! I find that when I get in the groove it seems that they ropes not even swinging anymore and everything is so light and easy. Just need to find that groove every morning...

Signing off with my last color pic of the day, my lovely fruit snack of the day ;-)


3 weeks in and ready to rock week 4 !!

Ps. Team, I think we should a team name together, what do you think???

3 comments:

  1. Yes, your flexibility will improve as you get stronger, for the simple reason that stronger muscles have more leverage to pull against tendon and bone with. So many yogis miss this point and take years and years to gain flexibility that they could hit in 6 months if they trained intelligently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! 17 minutes to do 1020! I am impressed. I am still around 28 minutes. Guess I need to step up my game. I am just so winded I have to take a minute to catch my breath. I have noticed however that It takes me less time to catch my breath and slow my breathing between reps. Keep up the good work. I will be looking to you for inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the skipping!

    Re temptation - just look the other way and imagine your post PCP body. Hard at first.

    Your photos are goooorgeous!

    ReplyDelete