Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 10 : 4 words ...

                                                              I suck at skipping.

Today was just not my day for jumping/ hopping/ skipping of any sorts. After my high of record 100 consecutive jumps yesterday I plummeted to only managing sets of 30 or so. At one point I kept tripping on No.24 ...Not sure why but I guess I was fighting my body - mind was strong, body weak. But having said this I won't let it get me down- tomorrow is a new day and new beginnings.
Been browsing around the net for some tips on successful rope jumping and came across these guidelines which I thought i'd share - does make a lot of sense, so I will hopefully put them into practise tomorrow morning !!!

1. Don't jump too high off the ground. One of the biggest mistakes people make is trying to soar as high as they can on every jump. This is counterproductive and will tire you out quickly. You should be on the balls of your feet, twirling the rope quickly, while only getting an inch or two off the ground.
2. Vary your rope speed. Just like with any exercise, if you jump rope for the same amount of time and with the same rope speed day after day, you're body will soon adjust and your results will plateau. To avoid this, constantly mix up the speed and duration of your jump rope workout.
3. Try some fancy footwork. Once you feel as though you have a pretty good handle on the basic two-feet-at-a-time style, try some other jump rope exercises: "boxing step" (which involves bouncing on one foot for a few passes of the rope and then swapping feet and bouncing on the other for a few more), or "double unders" (where you pass the rope two times under your feet in a single jump).
4. Work out at your own pace. If you can only jump rope for ten passes and then need to take a break, then that's what you should start off by doing. I promise you, in time you will be able to do far more than that. But, for now, don't push yourself to the point of absolute exhaustion.

So I also found out that there's this book on rope jumping but with a somewhat interesting title:-


I'm wondering whether there's a version for Girls and Women? ;-)

Meal-wise it's been going ok, apart from the afternoon/ evening sweet cravings the food has been pretty good and very similar to what Ricky and I would usually cook, maybe minus a third of the carbs that i'm allowed...

Off to meet a girlfirend for dinner tonight - I decided that I should still be sociable and make time for friends whilst on PCP. I must admist the thought did cross my mind to cancel just to stay away from all temptations but hey, I figured since i'm commited to this I should be stronger than that ! By the way, the restaurant I picked for tonight is called 'Eat Right' - totally PCP appropriate !!!

Adios PCP Amigos !

2 comments:

  1. Stay Strong... I'll be sure to give you a blood test when you come home, to ensure there is nothing non pcp related... Blood sugar test should do it, as i know you're weakness - Chocolate.... X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same issue today! Well... Never got to 100 but I was able to do 50. Today I regressed back to 30-jump sets... Sighhhhh

    ReplyDelete