Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 17 & 18 : Baby guns !

Day 17 and 18 - my, has this week has just flown by or what?

Weather here in HK has dropped considerably and I heard it's only going to get colder this weekend, may even see thunderstorms this evening...Keep warm everyone...

Work outs have been ok, still struggling with lunges (already feel the burn after 2nd set) and getting that consistency in skipping. But arms are definitely getting stronger so i'm going to throw in an extra band for more resistance tomorrow. I flexed and even saw some baby guns emerging - now that's a first !!!
Looking forward to the extra 2 hours sleep in tomorrow - woohoo. Then I have a 10.30 Charity yoga for Japan crisis til 12.00...really looking forward to some medidation for a good cause ;-)

One other thing (quite random I know) which I noticed recently and have grown fond of whilst doing leg up's and sit up's (exercises that require me looking up at the sky) is how beautiful the silhouette of the leaves and branches in the trees are. Especially in the morning when the sun starts coming up, and you see golden rays projecting thru the leaves - amazing how something so simple and natural can be so gorgeous!

Sunlight streaming through the leaves
Had a end of season team lunch today @ Osaka, a boutique and traditonal japanese restaurant in TST. Tried to stick to the correct amount of carbs, protein and veg- I ordered some sushi sashimi (so fresh!), rice, edamame beans (minus the salt) and spinach. I know it's not an ideal PCP lunch but I think I did pretty well considering my colleagues were eating all these other yummy hot pot style concoctions that smelt SO good. I also gave up my miso soup and creamy salad. I enjoyed eating something different from the norm (PCP) but I must admit I do feel slightly guilty with the non-PCPness of this meal. Rest assured I am completely dedicated and won't let it happen again unless absolutely necessary...

<>
I think it's Orange & grape season here! Sooo sweet and juicy.
 Alrighty team I wish you all a beautiful PCP weekend and warm wishes to all the guys in Japan....my thoughts are with you always...X

Ps. Heard the tai-chi ladies talking about how they were trying to buy salt at the supermarket yesterday but it's completely out of stock everywhere in HK - how bizarre that peeps here think that salt can prevent radiation??? I can't wrap my head around this one...

1 comment:

  1. Good time to be off the salt ne? Good work rocking this week Shirley.

    ReplyDelete