Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 11 : Spreading the PCP Love

These few days have been pretty tough. My jump rope officially does not agree with me. Reached a set of 50 today and then it was like 15, 12, 21, 10....Not sure if it's a concentration thing, or my body is physically exhausted or perhaps my technique is wearing thin ??? Having just read Jame's blog from the previous group, I can totally relate to him talking about how his threshold for incompetence is getting lower...not that i'm gonna continue to beat myself up about it, but it's kind of discouraging to fall backwards at this stage, as PCP keeps stepping up...Nervous for the 700 jumps tomorrow but I think my strategy going foward is to just DO, don't think too much about the physics and as Patrick suggest just focus on moving the wrists instead of the arms. All fingers X'd for some smooth skipping tomorrow 9am (not 8am Ricky!)...

Last night's dinner was pretty awesome, it was the first time I ever attempted a healthy choice in a restaurant and although I won't lie and say I wasn't tempted by all the other lovely and naughty delights on the menu (Lasagne !!! Swedish Meatballs !!! Mushroom and salmon risotto!!!), I actually enjoyed having a nice light healthy dinner minus the vino and dessert (did I just say that??). 
Grilled Calamari (no salt, no oil), pumpkin soup with wholewheat pitta bread and h20!

Lunch today was really tasty thanks to Chef Ricky for his preparations last night. Chicken was so nice, spicy and tender! Yum!

Chilli Chicken pasta w/ Zuccini and tomatoes
 On another note, i'm happy that my friends and colleagues are super supportive of my new diet. Some have been following my blog and i've even inspired 3 of my colleagues to start eating healthier and get back into fitness. I'm spreading the PCP love ! I guess a good support system is really important in times like these to keep me going strong ;-)

Really REALLY looking foward to a sleep in tomorrow morning. All these 6am mornings have been exhausting to say the least. Wish you all a great start to your weekend !

TGIF X

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, that looks tasty! Can you put up the recipe for the chili chicken? How did rick prepare the courgette and tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete