Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 8 & 9 : No space for factory food

Missed yesterday's blog post as did the 6am alarm call...Not really sure why but still managed to drag my cold sorry butt out to Vic Park straight after work around 7:30pm, drizzling and all !!! Definitely do not fancy exercising in the rain but due to massive self-guilt from missing the morning session I stuck it out - and gosh Patrick sure as hell stepped it up a notch !!! Jumps were ok despite a slight rope malfunction however I am finding that I keep losing my momentum half- 3/4 of the way. Da Vincis were a KILLER ! Struggled through my sets, pulling the saddest face ever - not sure whether to laugh or cry about how weak I am ! I can only hope it gets better and better as the days go by.

I still can't believe how much food I have to consume daily. I was literally stuffed yesterday after breakfast only to realize that I had 250ml of milk to down. Really? Usually I only feed milk to my cats or have it with cereal (which doesn't happen often) so it feels quite strange that it's my turn to be drinking all this milk. Would indeed be interesting to know the reasoning behind including milk in the diet (apart from the obvious - Calcium).
The good thing is, I never feel hungry anymore. This is coming from a person who would always be 'starving' came afternoon as I would eat very little lunch so i'd have an excuse to snack on sweet stuff. I don't even think of them as I have no space in my belly to consume all that factory food as Patrick calls them.
 Now that's a first!

At this point I do wish we had more hours in the day. Just an extra 3 hours would be perfect!! Dinner preparation time has doubled because of all the weighing, cleaning, prepping for the next day and packing. On Monday night our kitchen counter looked like an earthquake had stuck. I guess my time management and organising skills definitely need improving but i'm sure we'll all get there - the path to the peak Preparation project !!!!!

Had  to do the work out in the rain this morning. It was freezing, wet and gloomy. I pushed extra hard as I wanted to finish everything asap and actually managed to do my record 100 consecutive jumps- whoop! Struggled big time with the shoulder lift - tried so hard to make it all the way but only managed to get it half way up. Lunges was not my friend today as well...Came 4th set and I was feeling the burn...The rest of the exercises were fine - I must say I have grown to love Leg-up's - am finding them easier to do as day goes by...such a HUGE difference compared to Day 1- I now even sneak in extra sets between breaks (on a good day).

Oh, we were also totally entertained this morning at the park- an old Chinese man came and joined us whilst we were lunging, decided to start lunging with us and then jogged around us (and letting out gas!!! So not cool) and so it turns out that he took a particular interest in becoming Ricky's friend ... He even repeated about 40 times that he will be there every morning from 6- 7am and look forward to seeing him tomorrow...I guess you had to be there. But that was some hilarious morning entertainment right there for us ... ;-)))

Good Night and Stay Strong !!!

Week 2 almost halfway done ....

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that guy was hilarious - I still remember, us running away and him yelling, 10 times, "bye ricky, i'm here 6 to 7 every morning, i do pull ups and dips and pull ups and dips..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a market salesman! Get yer pull-ups here!! Luv-er-lee pullups!!

    ReplyDelete