Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 23 : Luck doesn't work with PCP

23 has always been my lucky number. So naturally since it's PCP Day 23 I woke up feeling good thinking that the arrival of my lucky day might see me starting off the day with a happy, easy, breezy workout.
Well, it didn't quite happen once i'd discovered what came next after my jump ropes (which by the way seems to have plateaued and not getting smoother nor faster) = 4 sets of lunges with NO breaks inbetween sets. OUCH! My legs were like jelly with an intense burning sensation after the 2nd set. Definitely not getting easier from here...Patrick really upped the intensity by throwing in an extra set for the strength stuff and what a difference it makes ! Today's workout turned out to be really challenging for me and left me wondering what new joys the floor jumps, creeps, V-sits, planks...will bring ??? I'm sure the PCP'ers in the later group must be grinning thinking 'you ain't seen nothing yet'...

Dinner was surprisingly ok minus the carbs last night, I think partly because the protein I devoured was soooo delicious that I didn't even need carbs! Special mention to my favourite chef Ricky for creating the most tastiest spicy crumbed chicken ever - I never knew chicken breasts could taste this good. You can check out his blog for the recipe and i'd definitely recommend this to all the guys who wants to add some phzazzzzz to their PCP meals. Was even more flavoursome by lunch time and got my colleagues jealous by the mouth-watering aroma it gave off once I got it smoking hot..you get the point...mmm

Ricky's special spicy chicken concoction! Thank u x

Followed by the lovely dragon fruit!
 Got a day off tomorrow! Have a few errands to run but am REALLY really happy to get that extra hour or so of sleep in the morning before I attempt 3 x 30 sec planks...Eeeeek hope it's not as scary as it sounds!

Note to self : Less whinging and more focus on the end goal ---> kick ass body - 6 pack - strong - lean !!!



Let's rock week 4 team !

2 comments:

  1. My arms are dead after today's workout! Its scary but after reading the descriptions of what's ahead of us I think we might even miss the lunges once the floor jumps etc take over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shirley... ah, what I wouldn't give for an easy breezy workout... (but something tells me that was day 1-5 only). good luck with the planks... you can do it!

    ReplyDelete