Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 6 : Whipped !

Did I just get up at 8am on a Sunday morning to exercise??? Whhhhhhat?
Kind of boggles my mind how PCP is motivating me to be obedient and not be my usual lazy self. I'm learning more and more about myself on this crazy and exciting journey.

Rope jumps are getting better, but i'm still finding it tough to get consecutive jumps. I've been plateauing at around 60 jumps and trying hard for a breakthrough! I'm happy to be jumping really low (1-2") and finding more speed but usually after my 3rd set or so when i start losing concentration (as well as losing count) that's when I start tripping up bad- and being whipped by a speedy weighted rope is sure as hell not pleasant! I get it now how the girls in the previous groups keep mentioning about their 'battle scars'. Girls i'm starting to feel your pain ...

Lunges and leg-up's were surprisingly easy until I realized we had to do '4' sets of push-up's which sent me into a slight state of frenzy. I think I did a good attempt (still got my knees down but I feel more poweful after learning to breathe through it and going deeper) however, i'm pretty sure I had SAS (shaky arm syndrome) and whimpering thru my last set, much to the joggers and oldie's amusement...

Glad to know that the toughest part of my Sunday is over - time for relaxation !

Signing out with my inspirational pic of the day:-


2 comments:

  1. Ha! I used to do that at half his age...

    I'm expecting you and Ricky to join me on the twin peaks hike soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60 jumps is a respectable start, you'll be cruising through 600 soon enough.

    ReplyDelete