Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 65 : When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going

Hi gang, firstly let me apologize for being MIA from blogging for the last couple of days. Recent work/ personal events at have been somewhat manic over these two weeks and have occupied all of my time and energy... I got derailed from the exercises for about 3 days but managed to slowly make up for them by doing a little extra one day at a time once things started calming down. Blogging just kind of took a back seat but I have been following all your blogs and am enjoying reading everyones progress- it seems that the end is so close we can almost smell it.

I made a little promise to myself that as from today I will blog every single day (even if is just a few lines) so I can commit myself fully to PCP until Day 90 - I find that blogging really does help me stay focused and connected to the program and to be honest, during my days of absence I did always feel guilty and disappointed at myself for not making more of an effort to do so. Anyhow you'll be seeing more of me from now on :-)

I still can't believe that we're already on Day 65 with only 25 more to go...it seems like only yesterday that I was eating my half meals (half mocha, choc chip muffin...), crazy sweet cravings and leg up's were a big challenge for me....Coming to think of it I have come so far since Day 1 which goes to prove how unhealthy & unfit I was! At this moment I feel that it's getting to crunch time and i'm switching to 5th gear - I want to do everything right and go hardcore PCP as time is ticking and and I want to see some real results by Day 90! I mentioned to Patrick that I would be happy for him to cut down my meals (I haven't experienced the apple dinner yet!) as i've yet to see any real weight loss and was getting frustrated at the stubborn visceral fat still clinging onto my belly (prohibiting my abs to show thru)!

Then I figured it's probably cos I haven't been visiting the 8min Mike (he really looks like a Mike to me) as often as i'd like to as I was always either a) tired b) starving c) got home late.  So I decided to challenge myself and am happy to say that i've been religiously doing 8min abs everyday for the last week, sometimes twice a day! I've learnt to look past the cheese and have grown to love his enthusiasm and grooviness- not many people can pull off the manitard look!!!

What a trooper!
The work outs this week have been the toughest ever which also means that training time gets even longer (perhaps i'm breaking too long in-between sets but it's so hard not to) so I have started splitting my workouts into morning + night sessions as I haven't been getting enough sleep to wake up earlier than 6.15am. I need to start getting my 8 hours sleep back - the last week have been averaging about 5- 6 hours and I can really feel the difference. Not nice to wake up with Panda eyes.

I was shocked to see that some sets have now stepped up to 6 (Da Vincis!!!) and the leg part yesterday was absolute torture - those lunges, pistol squats and floor jumps got me whimpering and panting like hell and my legs felt like they were close to failure (there you go Patrick), ready to collapse on me any second. The old man practicing his tai-chi next to me must've felt my pain as I hopped up and down whilst cursing under my breath. I did manage to push myself to the absolute limit and did extra 5 floor jumps at the end but by then i was ready to hit a cold shower as my body temperature was boiling and face was lobster like.

By the way, in times like these I find listening to loud music really helps. In my case it's not heavy metal/ rock but Hip pop - lunging to a bit of old skool Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg really helped pass the time, but definitely not ease the pain.
Still finding Chest dips almost impossible to do and push-up's are still on on my knees (can't get low if I do normal ones). My wish is that by Day 90 I can at least 1 proper pull-up, but at the rate things are looking that's probably wishful thinking...
Oh and not to forget the 4x90 sec planks- hmmm not sure words can describe...

What will tomorrow bring?

Happy to be back in PCP world and here's to a super smashing week 10! X

5 comments:

  1. That picture was me yesterday but with more sweat drips. Cant wait to nail those 90 second planks. Yes, that was sarcasm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back Shirley! 24 days to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Shirley always love to see a battler! If you ever need a workout buddy to keep you motivated, let me know. Will definitely join you if I'm free!

    I use an interval timer to track my breaks between sets, which makes it hard to cheat, but super SUPER tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff Shirley, way to find the GRIM ENTHUSIASM. Your weight is a relatively meaningless number, BELIEVE in the food and muscle, that's what will ultimately kick the visceral fat's butt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I was reading about visceral fat, cos I wanted to know more. I think the fat you are referring to may actually be the subcutaneous fat instead of the visceral fat being stubborn.

    ReplyDelete