Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 66 : Bicycles or planks???

My day started off on a good note-  woke up just before 6am and out the door by 6.05am, get to my workout area and realized that i'd left my phone at home - DOH! No timer / Day 66 workout sheet meant that I could freestyle a bit and go with what i remember. I was pretty spot on except for the Tricep extensions, for the life of me I just could not think of another tricep exercise apart from the dips?
Is anyone else struggling with the bicycles??? Esp.5x60 secs...I was pretty much spent after my 2nd set and felt my legs getting heavier and heavier , intensity of the burn was unreal. Massive Failure. I managed to get thru the last 3 sets but had to give myself a 5 sec break halfway thru each one. I think bicycles are way challenging than 90sec planks!!! Interested to see what your views are on this...

Skipping has been consistently great these days, i've started getting the hang of some different styles which makes the whole experience a lot more fun and challenging - variety is indeed the spice of life! My current favorite style is what I call the "tip toe one footer" which is just a quick bounce off the tip toes one foot at a time, or the classic running man which is looking more graceful as they days go by and happy that I can skip a lot faster too - everything is about coordination, timing, wrist movements and of course, energy levels. I've been trying to skip to failure so even if the time exceeds 5min i'll just carry on till I simply can't hop any longer - i managed to do a couple of 7 min sets this week and really felt chuffed at myself afterwards!

My next challenge is to master the cross arm technique but it really looks a lot easier than done. Is anyone else doing this? Been searching Youtube for some inspiring skipping videos and came across this boxer with the sickest jump ropes skills i've ever seen - I didn't know one can actually move like this with a rope??? That speed and strength is off the charts!!! Now that's impressive!


Squeezed in a visit to 8min mike tonight and felt so good afterwards! Gone are the days where i came out of it feeling massive neck strain, they key is really tensing up the ab muscles during the whole duration and only using those muscles for strength. I also love it during the last set where mike says 'I hope you don't have to dig too deep' ha ha

May PCP refresh, renew, relive and restore your body, soul and spirit for the weekend ahead!

Go gang GO !

5 comments:

  1. I'm just the opposite... The bicycles are definitely easier than planks for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that guys is crazy! It would be years before I could do that LOL... I cant even do one foot and the other. But mostly because I am scared to hurt my ankle again. Looks like more fun then my jumping though.

    Yeah and I agree planks are easier then the bicycle but I still don't feel like I have a groove with them, they are clunky at best. My legs get tired before my abs do. I have tried a few different positions and chairs and will continue to do so till I get that BURN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a successful cross jump you need to get your hands across your body FAST. Once you've jumped the crossed rope you need to return your hands to the starting position FAST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trickiest thing I can do is double jump cross/cross or double jump cross/uncross. This guys is crazy! I don't even know what's going on there!

    Oh, also I tried doing bicycle this morning, and found it super hard at first. I don't know if this might make it easier, but I discovered that when I concentrate on my breathing, it made it (only barely), doable to the point I could make it through a set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is an insane video!!!

    ReplyDelete