Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 88 - 90 : Pushing Boundaries + zzz


First of all I would like to say a HUGE Congrats to all my fellow PCP'ers for completing the program and reaching our new peaks - we've come such a long way and I am really proud of you guys!!!! I'm still in a bit of shock that it's all coming to an end. Did 90 days just come and go? My final pics will b taken tomorrow as well as my final blog (sob!) post, I will really miss all the support and love you've all shown me throughout the last 90 days.

...A new chapter begins tomorrow...

As for the last few days in my world, things have been pretty tough. Still sick from a nasty flu and it makes the work outs a million times harder. Had to really PUSH myself through days 85 - 89 and see how far i could go. Is it just me or was Day 89 work out INSANE?? It took me like 2 hours + to complete it - completed some in the morning and some at night after a crazy day of sample sale. I thought the sets would never end. It took me longer than usual as I had to keep stopping to catch my breath every now and then due to constantly feeling lightheaded. The shoulder and bicep super sets were off the hook...Patrick you are HARDCORE!!! I must say that straight after the work out i literally passed out into the deepest sleep ever and woke up feeling excited that Day 90 is finally upon us!

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that our exercise for today would be to pick a work out from week one - two so we can check our progress. I chose Day 13 and BAM - I couldn't believe how quick and easy that was. 700 Jumps were a breeze (felt strange to be counting again), 4X16 lunges - piece of cake and I actually powered thru the rowing, standing ovations, tricep dips, forward shoulder raises and leg up's (3- 4 sets each - heaven) in no time. It made me realize how much stronger, tougher and fitter i have become in 90 days! To think that I started off hardly managing 10 jumps in a row, or crying over those god-damn lunges, struggling to do a leg up... I am so thankful for being a part of such a life-changing experience + will keep on trying to inspire people around me to live a PCP-esque lifestyle. 

Another thought on my mind is : What am I going to do tomorrow morning when I automatically wake up at 5:30am? Go back to sleep? Visit Mike & the Gang? Go for a jog? I know Patrick told us to take a few days off from training but I have a slight suspicion that i'll feel lost without it. Anyhow, i am looking forward to the maintenance program that will follow. 


Back to today...

I had a full day of activities planned. Complete day 90 work out, head into town for brunch, get a foot massage then hit the beach for the afternoon followed by a boozy dinner to celebrate. Well, it didn't quite go according to plan since a massive wave of nausea hit me straight after brunch (even tho i only ate 1/4 of my all day brekkie + 1/3 of my mocha). Not sure if it was the greasiness of the eggs or the sickening sweetness of the mocha, my stomach didn't handle the food very well. To the point that I started feeling feverish??? Dunno what happened there but I decided to cancel all my appointments (Sorry Al!), call it a day and go home for some much needed R&R. After taking my medication I crashed for about 4 hours straight and I actually feel much better now. I nibbled at my sister's home cooked dinner (some grilled fish, chicken with celery and soup) and am sipping on my milk now. I think I made the right decision by taking it easy today - i guess that lack of sleep over the last month or so finally caught up to me. Even my doc told me that I have to make sure I get some solid zzz's in over these few days so I can recover before my diving trip next Wed... 
Fingers crossed for speedy recovery ;-)

Signing out with my inspiration figure - Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima ... a little reminder to myself that I worked my toosh off to look like her... i might not have her body now but I am super happy, content and proud to have Shirley's body!


Can't wait to read everyone's final blogs!

Peace & light XOXO




5 comments:

  1. Awesome post Shirley! Sorry to hear you not feeling well... But hey we get to sleep in now! Get some rest, you need and deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats !! and enjoy the sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effort shirls. I for one will never do another skip in this lifetime but all the other stuff is kinda of 2nd nature now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who'd want a body like hers, when you have yours! Good work Shirley!

    ReplyDelete