Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 68 : Love your body

So we are in the last quarter of PCP, and i'm finally beginning to see some real results! Took some photos this morning and was pleased to see a little bit of definition in my abs - nothing like 6 pack or anything but at least 2 is starting to show thru. I'm one step closer to looking like my inspiration figure Adriana Lima! More reason to LOVE 8min abs ;-) It's great to do something fun and rewarding at the same time. Will post those pics up shortly...

During the course of last week 3 different clients have commented on how radiant my skin is looking and asked whether i've discovered some new beauty products/ magic brightening serums... ? I was a little surprised because from the start of PCP I haven't had any time to care for my skin like I used- facial, mask and scrub time got replaced with cooking, washing up, grocery shopping, oh and not to forget the grueling work outs! So it got me thinking that the real secret to having healthy glowing skin is simple :  build a habit of eating consistent meals per day with healthy ingredients (veggie veggie veggies), drinking water and cutting out all the naughty stuff such as oil, MSG, sauces, sodas, salt and sweets. It's not about how many facials you get or how expensive your face cream is! PCP has taught me to love my body (and what I put in it) and in return i'll reap the benefits such as having nice complexion or living a long healthy life!
This is the 'hard reboot' as Patrick explained in his email today and it really makes perfect sense!




                                   Every man is the builder of a temple called his body.

                                                Henry David Thoreau



Ps.
Happy Mothers Day to all the mums out there xx

3 comments:

  1. Exactly right. Creams, masks, etc... attempt to change skin from the outside. This is like trying to fix a car engine by obsessively waxing and shining the front hood. Skin is an organ, and just like any organ you can only heal it from inside, with nutrients, rest, and some daily sweat.

    So many of the changes only kick in during this last month. Sadly, few people ever commit to a solid three months of training and give up just before the results come. Not you Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I have been super lazy with my skin but ppl have been telling me my skin is looking better! Funny huh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved having better skin these last two months. It is the combination of great food, solid exercise, and beauty sleep.

    Wonderful too about feeling untempted by the M and M's.

    Let's stay strong to the finish!

    ReplyDelete