Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 92 : ***** Final blog - PCP you COMPLETE me ! *****

So the time has come for me to bid adieu to my life that has been PCP for the last 90-something days...and what an emotional roller-coaster ride it's been! Loads of ups, downs, surprises, disappointments but most importantly it has transformed me into a brand new person! I'm sad to let go but excited to see what awaits me in the next chapter...!!!

I wasn't really sure about the whole concept of PCP when I first heard about it. The idea of daily exercising, eating healthy (cutting out the junk/ sweets) and documenting my progress for 3 months straight seemed almost impossible for someone like me to do. First of all I have never been that much into fitness- ok, the odd yoga  class/ hiking session/ run now and then but it would come and go depending on my busy schedule. I was also afraid that being a bonafide chocoholic that I am, I would never be able to resist the cravings. Never ever blogged in my life as i'm not the best writer in the world so was a bit iffy to start blogging out my thoughts for all to see. So I went into this project kind of hoping I could challenge/ push myself and break all the old nasty habits! And I did! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that i'd be addicted to exercising, eating right and just taking care of myself the way I should've been all these years. The results speak for themselves and I am so grateful to have found and completed this fantastic program. If i can do it, SO CAN YOU! You won't regret it!

What i've learnt to LOVE :

- My workout kit (Lululemon rope, resistance bands, push up bars) that's been with me thru thick and thin, have seen me lose my cool and jump with excitement over the last 3 months... these simple tools are just awesome!

- Skipping / jump ropes...i've had love hate relationship with it since the beginning but have really grown to embrace it and realized it can be really fun and therapeutic! Such an easy + effective workout!

- 8 min ab dates with Mike...I am having Mike withdrawals. The last month of PCP I ramped it up to twice a day, sometimes three (where time permits) and still having fun with the gang! Will try to pay it a visit every morning from here onwards.

- Eating Veggies! I can't enjoy a meal now without including ample amount of veggies in it...to think that I used to eat meals which was mainly carbs + protein (ie. char siu + rice, spag boll...) boggles my mind.

- Blogging it out! The whole community support system really helped me get through some dark days. Was so comforting to know that i'm not the only one suffering.

- Eating Eggs...scrambled, poached, boiled you name it, i like it a lot.

- Being comfortable and confident in my own skin! Good food = good skin (just keeps glowing!)

How PCP has CHANGED me :

- I can now walk past a chocolate counter and not even be tempted to buy one. Not even if it's Green & Blacks.

- My mind set towards a healthy lifestyle. It's not about skipping meals to lose weight. Finding the right balance of exercise, nutrition, dedication and knowledge is KEY!

- Will power to stick to this program...Only when things got tough and I was truly alone did i realize how much will power I had in me to do this! I was determined to finish the program for ME.

- PCP is a way of life...THE way of life...in creating this habit I have achieved the goal of reaching my peak and I will continue to live this way as long as i live (less intensive exercises of course)!

- Self-awareness - still having fun without binge eating + drinking ;-) I can hardly stomach any of the greasy food I used to eat way too often - a good sign!

- New frame of mind + confidence!

The BEFORE and AFTER shots:

Day 1 - the OLD me
Bloated, no muscle definition, awkward


Day 92 - the NEW me!




Here's me with the swimsuit I bought in Brazil some 4 years ago and haven't worn in 3 years...






Me @ the office today (smiles all around as i had just got offered a new job!!! )


BIG BIG BIG Thanks to....

Patrick - your wealth of knowledge is insane! Thank you for your support, comments, guidance and for spreading the word out there. This program is educational, fun (+ gruelling), rewarding and life-changing! I can't thank you and Chen enough for making it happen for me.

Ricky - If it weren't for you I would've never have considered PCP alone. Thank u for being being a great support system... without your strength, push, patience and shoulder to cry on, I would not have survived in the early days. PCP was piece of cake for u - hardcore!

Yeeman - girl you look HOT !!! Thank you for being a good listener and adviser. It was great to have you as support as we shared similar experiences during the program. Rock on and hope we can cross paths sooner or later!

Helen - your blogs were always super inspirational, witty and charming. Thank you for your kind words throughout the program and the surprise from Tokyo! I am planning on using the bath salts one of these days ;-) You have done SO well and looking lean, mean- smoking!

Kristi - Your blogs were always so entertaining and fun to read - I loved catching up on all your social events and your positive outlook on life is so inspirational. Your final blog post says it all - you killed this program! DOPE!

To the rest of the group - you are all amazing ! Thank you so much for sharing my joy, pain, highs, lows and overall the whole experience with me. Your comments were much appreciated and i loved following all your blogs. Seeing all your final blog posts and new bodies (amazing!!!) makes me quite emotional but incredibly proud! Huge Congratulations to you all!

So, I guess this is it...we're now free with a new lease on life. Is this isn't an AWESOME feeling then I don't know what is. I'm proud of everything that i've overcome and it's time to start fresh!
I'm off to paradise tomorrow and considering to bring my rope along...if not, why not?

Love, peace, light

Sx

It's not goodbye, it's till we meet again.....

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Lookin' good -- nice bikini shots and love your dress up outfit also. Great job Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bikini shots. You look awesome - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking TIGHT Shirley, great body proportions, you've totally changed your internal composition, very easy to see in the skin tone and posture. More importantly you've rewired your brain to crave exercise and good food, and that will stay with you forever. Great working with you, give that lady a COMPLETE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - hotness! I'm verrry impressed, even though I've been following you along.

    The steady willpower, inspirational quotes, and honesty you put out in your blogs were a HUGE source of support. Thank you!

    Congratulations on the job too!

    Stay in touch and let me know if you come to Tokyo!

    H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Shirley! You know when I saw your Day 1 pics, I thought to myself, "she is so fit already" but now you look even better! Very impressive. I'm so happy to have "met" you through PCP! I will miss your reading your blog posts.

    Congrats on the new job! Nice fresh start for you :)

    And enjoy your well-deserved holiday. I'm sure we will run into each other in hk one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big congrats all around, new body, new job!! Look at you go!!! You look so fit an healthy, I mean you are literally glowing. And I'm with Helen, although I have been follow you all along these final pictures are still.... WOW!!

    Thank you so much for being there when I needed, reading my blog and commenting. Thank you for your adorable and motivating quotes and fun pictures. Thanks for being consistent with your words. All of these things helped me (some times limping) through the PCP.

    By the way, my Aunt and my cousins are Chinese and Hong Kong is very much in the near future for me as they go regularly. Ill let you and Yeeman know so we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley, you're back! We thought you got lost in the post-pcp abyss! Come workout with us sometime on the weekends if you/us are both free!

    ReplyDelete