Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 83 : ( Inspired )

Today was a miserable day, it pretty much rained like cats and dogs all day long. Did my jumps and some strength exercises (return of Double Katana's = ouch!!!) at the clubhouse this morning, but had to dash out at around 10.30am to meet a friend for brunch. Knowing that I wouldn't get all my breakfast grammage at brunch, I devoured my PCP veggies and milk before I left home and even took a boiled egg for the road. Despite walking around with wet feet (one of the worst feeling ever ><) I enjoyed being out and about rather than staying in doing nothing all day. Completed the remaining exercises this evening whilst watching American Idol (Lauren to win!) and now my body is aching all over right now as I type, esp. my arms, shoulders and thighs... but hey, it's a good pain and a sign that I owned my work out today!

Spent the afternoon walking around for about 4 hours trying to get all the stuff I need for my upcoming trips in June. It's going to be a busy month of traveling to 4 different countries - Malaysia (post PCP treat), Germany (work), Paris and London (both pleasure). So the timing for Day 90 PCP is really great, I will have a few days to rest before heading off to paradise to do a diving course (eeeek!), where I also intend on bringing my rope + band along for some low intensity maintenance workouts. BIG times ahead.

Next week this time we'll be in Day 90! I am excited and sad at the same time. Will miss blogging for sure but glad that we can finally reach our final destination! I know it's not the end of the road but rather the beginning of a new lifestyle that's fun and effective (gosh, i'm starting to sound like Mike). Good luck with the last week of PCP folks! We can do it ! xoxo

Ps. 2 things that really inspired me today :

1. I've been listening to a LOT of Adele lately, she's by far one of my favorite singers with so much talent it's insane. Every time she sings she makes me feel things that I can relate to. The best song (in my opinion) from her album 21 is "Turning Tables". The lyrics are so beautifully written and she sings with such rawness and from the heart, I really am inspired by this song and can't stop listening to it, even when i'm skipping.






2. Came across an interesting quote from director Jim Jarmusch (Down By Law, Deadman) who encourages people to steal ideas. I love the quote "It's not where you take things from, it's where you take them to". Very powerful words...


What inspires you?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing song. I like! Need to refresh my music collection I think I need to get that album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that quote. Powerful stuff. Helps me feel okay about rehashing and moving stuff along.

    Own your workout baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adele is awesome. I like the first song on the album - Rolling in the Deep. Doing skips to that gets my SUPER PUPMPED!

    ReplyDelete