Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 84 : Crabby Monday morning + I heart night runs

For today's "rest" day, I woke up a little later and crabbier than usual. Not really a fan of rainy Monday mornings but managed to eventually drag my achy body out of bed for a skipping session in the rain. Thank goodness it was only drizzling which made it quite refreshing but i didn't really find my groove. There was no consistency at all - sets of 2min, then tripping after every 10skips, then 3min etc...I guess I just wasn't in the right frame of mind for skipping no matter how hard I pushed or what I kept telling myself. I was out there for 25 min but only skipped a total of about 15min max, which I didn't feel good about but hey, no point in forcing something that just ain't gonna happen (for that moment in time anyway).
Today's email from Patrick was really cool as he explained how we should maintain our diets post PCP with 3 simple strategies:-

* Don't let carbs dominate the plate (40%Veg/ 30%Protein/ 30%Carbs)
* Eat till you're 80% full (not 120%!)
* Snack snack snack (3 meals 3 snacks)


No secret there - seems pretty easy to be healthy hey! To be honest I wouldn't know how else to eat after living these last 80-something days in PCP land...I really want to keep feeding my body the good stuff and not go back to old ways of binge-eating/ inconsistent meals. One of my favorite HDT quote ever is "Every man is the builder of a Temple called his body, nor can he get off by hammering marble instead. ~Henry David Thoreau" (one of my fav HDT quotes). So true!

Got home tonight fairly early-ish and didn't know what to do with myself! It felt too strange not having to complete my work out and I felt guilty for just zoning out in front of the telly (am I going mental???) so I decided to go for a run jog! The moment I stepped out into the night breeze,  I felt exhilarated! It's really nice to run in the night, the vibe is totally different to morning runs. I felt so light and stress-free.  Ended up jogging 4km and when I got home I made myself a tuna wrap with veggies, sat in front of the telly all endorphined up, guilt-free and content! ;-)

Oh my soul, just got our new work outs for the week...I shouldn't have previewed days 86- 89. All I can think now are those super-sets, it's like McDonalds super-size version in PCP form...DAMN!

Day 85....BRING IT!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting how your body has all this raw wild energy isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny… when we first started PCP, there was that email about meat dominating the dinner meal of most western dishes, & it should be considered more of a side then a main, so I always had the impression that protein was the culprit, but in the end the the whodunit turns out to the carbs in the dinner!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on Shirley! I haven't looked yet. Just one day at a time. I actually did 87 with Patrick at the studio, so am having an easier day with Sunday's swapped in. That said pullups are horrid for me.

    Okay! Running girl, I'm going to post a video for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete