Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 69 : Jump Snap me up!

Fancy Schmancy!
After reading Patrick's email today I was kinda curious and slightly suspicious about the Ropeless jump rope invention aka Jump Snap, and after watching the video my suspicions turned into confusion ...  I mean, REALLY? I thought the whole point of jump roping is mastering the technique/ coordination WITH the rope and keep practicing so you don't trip over the rope??? 
I totally agree with Patrick that no sport/ workout is supposed to be easy and I don't believe in short cuts especially if the rope is replaced with a fancy walkie talkie 'personal trainer' who counts your jumps + calories.

Having said that I wouldn't mind trying it out and see how it compares with the real deal ! That means I won't ever have to leave the house to do my workouts, I can jump in the comfort of my tiny shoebox bedroom too!  ;-)

Weekend has been hugely appreciated, it's been great relaxing and working out at my leisure and getting that extra hour or two to sleep in...Speaking of zzzzz's i'm still finding it incredibly hard to get the full 8 hours of rest these days! My mind is so restless in the evenings and I don't even drink coffee at night! What to do??? I should really set myself a curfew but somehow after dinner + exercise i'm always busy doing stuff on my mac like checking emails, chatting on msn, watching tv shows, listening to music etc...I should just bite the bullet and just make a 'strictly no laptop rule' after a certain hour, it's going to be a challenge but I think i can do it. Getting my beauty sleep in the final stretch is way more important than trashy tv shows I say!

Re food ... i'm loving my veggies more and more as the weeks go by and carbs are no longer something I crave. Chocolates and snacks are work are also slowly fading into insignificance to me which is a big difference compared to what I was like pre-PCP. A few days ago i had a big bowl of peanut M&M's on my desk the whole day (for the clients) and I didn't even feel tempted... I actually felt a bit disgusted at the amount of M&M's my clients kept eating and couldn't imagine myself consuming sweets like that ever again. So unhealthy !!! 
Paul mentioned in his blog the other day that you should eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch and a pauper at dinner. I think that's the only way to go - It's so good to go to bed feeling light and not bloated! Oh and to see how much slimmer I look first thing in the mornings is a beautiful thing.

Bring on Day 70 and let the final countdown begin!



Well done gang we've come this far ! Let's finish off with a BANG XX

4 comments:

  1. Yeap, I think thats the core of PCP... There are no shortcuts! I'm still having good and bad days with the jumprope. I always feel really good afterwards but during the jumprope session I still get those little tempting thoughts if cutting it short:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rope remains my nemesis... that and the pistol thingies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being tempted by those M&M's is a sure sign that you've altered your mental wiring. That's the most important single change you can make for your health! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been finding it increasingly hard to switch my mind off as well. In the beginning I was so dead I was sleeping like a rock but the last few nights I can't get to sleep. Maybe I need to sign up for meditation?? Definitely with you on the veggies and fish as well. Who'd of ever thought it would come to this!!

    ReplyDelete