Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 79 : week 10 pics up & the road to contentment


Sam & I @ CV
The gals
Just got home from my friend Sammy's bday dinner and i'm proud to report that I didn't have any Cake !!! ok i may have attacked (out of habit) a piece of decorative chocolate piece sticking out of the cake but come on, 3cm bit of choc doesn't count as cheating right? Instead i sipped on lemon water and nibbled on carrot sticks (+ a little bit of hummus) whilst watching them devour the choccy mousse cake which happens to be my FAV! It wasn't as tempting as i'd imagined as I think the fact that I just had Indulgence# 3 over the weekend I didn't feel i was craving sweets that much. As for the wine...

I might have accidentally swallowed half a glass of Pinot Noir to toast the bday girl! Actually we were at an amazing wine tastings bar / restaurant- California Vintage, which had over 88 different types of wines to choose from. I recommend this place to all you wine lovers out there (after 29th May of course!). But seriously, after that one glass I was on lemon water for the rest of the night.

I have so much on my mind about how PCP has changed me for the good, and lots on my reflections over these 3 months. Too much for school night blogging so I guess i'll hold onto those thoughts and blog it out over the weekend as I plan on doing absolutely sweet nothing !

Week 10 pics are up...decided to throw in a side twist just to get a different perspective. I may not have lost weight but i feel so much stronger (physically + mentally) and healthier (mindset + body) - really grateful to be a part of this experience and a HUGE thanks for all your support (you know who you are!). I couldn't have done this without you guys.
                                                       <Contentment>

I have been feeling this more and more as each day goes by (finally!) and I believe it's the path to happiness when you start embracing what you've got and make the most out of it. Thank you PCP!



"Contentment" seems realistically defined as "enjoyment of whatever may be desired". That definition is realistic because the more contented an individual or community becomes the less extreme so more acceptable their desires will be. Contentment is an intuitive natural concept, whereas "peace" is a civil and so non-intuitive concept dependent on restriction, whereas contentment was and is self sustaining.

10 days xx


Ps. Just did a planks til failure set and my record breaking time is 2:11 / 131secs. Yeeeeah! 

5 comments:

  1. Great job holding out!! A small glass of wine is nothing. I watched my friend eat a warm chocolate macadamia nut brownie with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce. UGH.... I was dying but hung in there. Lucky me it was a Tuesday night so the drinking was a minimum and I didn't have to struggle on that one.

    You ladies look FABULOUS!!!! 10 days.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are GLOWING! And great work on staying committed until the end. That's what commitment means. Love the thoughts on embracing your surroundings. I've been doing that alot as I have had more time cooking at home. Life is good; we're on the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planks to failure. Nice! I tried that a few weeks ago after one of my workouts (which obivously aren't as intense) and got up to 4 minutes.
    To me planks are a funny one - there's the physical limit, then the mental limit and for me I always want to give up a lot sooner, but then when you push, I'm always surprised how far one can go!

    BTW your pics looking awesome good work blasting away all the visceral fat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking nice in the pictures! I gotta try this place out post PCP...which is really soon ;)

    ReplyDelete