Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 81+82: near perfect PCP days + Who wants to be a millionaire?

Pretty much everyone in HK since the yesterday's lotto prize stood @ a whopping HKD100million which caused a frenzy at all the betting stations, peeps queuing up like crazy since 9am (+ lunchtime, during and after work) all hoping to cash in on the 100mil dream. I, who never fancied betting on anything (I just don't have the luck) even bought a ticket, just incase. ;-) So my colleagues and I all chipped in $100 each hoping that if one of us gets the prize we'd spilt it as we all have a common goal of not having to come back to the office on Monday...
Our dreams were crushed when we found out that the max.# of hits per ticket was 2 which meant that we won nothing! Awesome for those 3 ppl that won though - 30mil is not too shabby at all...!

ONE DREAM
I've hit almost Perfect PCP days over the last two days. Woke up a bit later yesterday and only managed to do my skips, abs (V-Sit position getting stronger, finally!) and 8minM in the morning. Was proud of myself for forcing myself to complete the strength part (PS's and CREEPS! My legs r in a world of pain today) in the evening after a CRAZY busy day at work. It was our seasonal staff sample sale which also meant it's the time when u see a totally different side to my normally civilized coworkers. People were running around snatching up the hottest items, pushing people out the way in order to get that bag and arguing as to who gets the other shoe etc. Seriously not cool but I had to be there to keep the peace. Fun times.

I guess the stress/ fatigue after a tough day + massive evening work out made me turn off my alarm this morning. I woke up at 9.30am and actually felt the most recharged, refreshed and energized i've had in a long time. Amazing what an extra 2 hours sleep can do for the mind, body and soul. As it was rainy outside I decided to head to the gym in our clubhouse - good timing to do the homework for Patrick!

The gym was full of people swimming, running (actually more walking + watching telly) on the treadmills and a few dudes doing cardio stuff and lifting weights. As I walked to the weights section to do my jumps with my rope and band hanging off my shoulders, I saw many people checking me out with curious looks. There was a guy lifting weights next to me so I discreetly observed him whilst i skipped. He seemed like he had a good physique, with massive shoulders and biceps (inverted triangle). It was strange that every time he started a new set he would start panting within seconds and reach failure very quick. He would also almost drop his weight to the floor on his last lift - I wished he could've picked a lighter weight or something as it was really painful to watch. Not sure if he felt uncomfortable that I was so close to him but he left the scene after 5 mins, red-faced and still panting. I also noticed that the people (incl. a lifeguard) who walked by me would watch me skip, but as soon as i met their gaze they'd walk away. What ever happened to eye contact!?

Anyhow, I ended up with an awesome work out and had more energy so I tried out some of machines. There was one called the inner/ outside thigh pull which was super challenging which gave me a deep stretch in the thighs and definitely made my buns burn! Really cool feeling ;-)

Feel the burrrrn


Skips nice n easy
Had a nice bonding day with my sister today. She's trying to lose weight atm and she thinks that by skipping meals or cutting the carbs will make her skinny. I've been spreading the PCP love all day long on her and I think it's rubbing off! I got her to try some of my exercises with me as well as eating my PCP meals. I think she realizes that to get in shape is not about starving yourself and losing the weight, it's about eating healthy balanced meals in combination with daily low intensity workouts in small dosages. She finally gets it that there are no short cuts/ secrets to looking good, but I guess she had t experience it to know it! I saw that she skipped her Coke over dinner and her favorite after dinner dessert of ice cream + cookies tonight. It's so awesome that I can pass on all this wealth of knowledge about fitness and diet to my loved ones !

1 week to go and last full PCP weekend...oh my...

TIL PEAK CONDITION !

Go gang GO!
XX




3 comments:

  1. Awesome post Shirley!

    The red faced weightlifter is trying to fail as fast as possible with the heaviest weight possible. That's how he's chosen to tear his muscle tissue. And the results are large muscles... much too large for anything except cosmetic purposes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I didn't manage to buy a lottery ticket... The line of people going around the block was enough to deter me :p

    I've been spreading the PCP love too and trying to convince my brother to do it hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring post! Love the shots of you in the gym! Fun that you mixed up the weights and skipping too. It's amazing that you can have these conversations with your folks. It's hard not to pass on the stuff we've learned because it seems so precious eh!

    Let's own the workouts this last week! You've done well to fit in WO, work, socializing, and blogging. Light and lurrrve! xx

    ReplyDelete