Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 37 : It's gettin' HOT in here

Did not predict Germany to be so HOT this time of the year! Perhpas i'm just used to the ridiculously low air con temperatures everywhere (indoorsy) you go in HK, I am boiling inside the office here... My German colleagues think it's normal but i'm sweating up a storm, not a very attractive feature I must say...I do however love the wide open spaces, fresh air and sunshine til 8.30pm _ gotta love European Summers!

Had an interesting WO this morning at 5.30am, did all the resistance and ab stuff in my hotel room first since I needed to wait til 6am when the gym opens up to skip. Well, the exercises were hectic...where to start? How about the pistol squats- i'm not sure whether i'm doing them correctly but they seem quite awkward to do, are you supposed to bend right down? Is the chair merely for balancing? Doing creeps in a confined space is pretty funny, had to make a U-turn at creep #15 but they turned out ok - I tried hard not to bounce as much...The shoulder stuff was quite tough, my strength was pretty much gone after 2nd set and was really running out of gas by the ovations. My V-sits are getting better as I get more controll in my abs but side crunch was a joke? Could'nt come up 90 degrees like it's supposed to be? Did my best and also threw in 80 sit ups afterwards to compensate for my girly side crunches.

My precious speed rope had mercy on me this morning ! I blasted thru 1400 in about 15mins! I felt like a lil celebration afterwards for breaking my fastest record to date! Whoooop whoop! Oh, and skipping in dark crisp weather and seeing the sky lighten up is somewhat therapeutic and awesome too !

Time for dinner at a traditional German restaurant up in the hills - I really wanna order my usual wiener-Schnitzel (pic below) but will go for a healthy PCP friendly choice instead...perhaps some roast wild boar is in order?


Goodbye schnitzel

Helloooo wild boar chops!
We're flying thru week 6 - go team go!

Ciao xoxo

3 comments:

  1. WOW 15 minutes!!!! I am impressed :) I just got back on the jumping bandwagon last night. Just 800 till my ankle couldn't take it. But it felt good to be doing it again. AND with my new speed rope! Keep up the good work in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm, Schnitzel... Loving the portions here - it's like asking for a schnitzel and a garnishing of lettuce...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We expect your pistols to be a bit awkward at first. Use the chair as your margin of error, push down on it to keep your form from getting too wonky. Keep working on them!

    ReplyDelete