Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 36 : J e t - l a g g e d . . . . .

Kind of weird blogging in a different time zone...it's 16.30pm in Germany now (22.30pm HK time =bedtime!) and i'm totally  zonned out and ready for bed. I almost did just that but dragged my tired a$$ out the room to come and blog (my head tells me that as soon as it's done i'll need to order a ++Grande espresso!).  I need to force myself to stay strong + wide awake so I can get a decent nights rest tonight before the craziness aka work starts tomorrow!
I now could probably sleep like this too!

The long haul flight was tedious as expected, even though I bagged an exit aisle seat I still struggled to get some solid zzzz's - the new Cathay shift seats are horrible, not sure how anyone can get comfy in those chairs??? As for flight meals they should officially be banned - I ordered the 'low salt meal' and I got 1) Dinner =  a piece of rock hard chicken breast with some over steamed veggies 2) Breakfast = overcooked salmon and chewy carrots and beans. I tried to force as much of the protein down but couldn't eat much of the veggies. As soon as I touched down in Heathrow airport I ordered a mammoth PCP breakfast of smoked salmon, scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast, cesar salad, strawberry carrot and orange smoothly with an XL glass of milk! A good hearty meal made me a happy girl...:-)))

So apart from the jetlag all is good here in Deutschland! The weather is surprisingly sunny and once I got to the hotel the first thing I asked the receptionist was 'Where's the gym?' Now that's a first! Never have I ever worked out whilst on biz trip or holiday for that matter (does a light jog on the beach count?). and definitely would've never stepped foot in a hotel gym! But there I was, itching to get my blood flowing and an endorphin rush! I guess travelling for 16 hours had that effect on me - so I headed to the gym and found a huge bacony overlooking massive lush green fields and a glimmering lake in the horizon - it was postcard perfect - must take a pic tomorrow.

It took a little while for me to get my groove with the skips- I guess my muscles were still dead from sitting down for a hundred hours but once I got them warmed up I was cruising thru them. I noticed that jumping on concrete is really harder than jumping on the soft astro turf that i'm so accustomed to - I find it adds more pressure to my knees which did hurt a little bit...Still not speeding up my time of 20min for 1400 jumps. Floorjumps went by quick but still gave me my legs intense burn by my third set which I kind of like.

Happy that the shoulder press was easier to do than the Double K'S  - well not easy but at least I can do them! Bicycle was a killer which took me y surprise since I always used to do them in my body combat classes back in the day. Didn't realize how tough they can be! Then came the killer of the day = 4x40sec planks ... In my head I was wondering 'why Patrick, why 4 sets???' esp. after the bicycles they were real tough but I set my iPhone timer and off I went...I really concentrated on my posture and made sure my body was straight all the way- my belly was squeezing so hard it was constantly shaking...Funny how even when Ricky's not here to kick my a$$  I do that to myself now...It shows how a lil bit of commitment and dedication can do to someone...

As for my weight, I feel how some of the other gals feel - dropped about 1kg I think in week 3 or 4 but now I  feel i've bulked back up since then, belly not as toned as i'd like it to be. Took week 5 pix last night before I left and not really happy with what I see. I guess more 8ma are in order??? Speaking of which I might go do so now. After my double espresso
 buzz--- who knows, maybe i'll be loving it !

Goodnight / morning my fellow PCP'ers, have a fun filled week 6 and let's destroy Day 37! (4x28 creeps - Meh!)
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Wow the pics look amazing....It's totally working....keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that rocks !!! Love the half standing sleeping baby.. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - mega blog today Shirley.

    I'm impressed with the whole PCP thing while you're away.

    I've just stalled half way through muy workout, but reading this has given me the juice to get on with it!

    Nice one.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete